Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses Eighteenth Edition (Original PDF)
by April Hazard Vallerand PhD RN FAAN (Author), Cynthia A. Sanoski BS PharmD BCPS FCCP (Author)
Perfect for this student nurse!“Seriously, I love this book. It has already helped me ace 2 assignments! Definitely a must-have for student nurses.”—Amy L., Online Student Reviewer
SAFETY FIRST WITH ‘CURE & CARE’!
Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses®, Eighteenth Edition delivers everything you need to administer medications safely across the lifespan—643 well-organized monographs encompassing hundreds of generic drugs and thousands of trade names. Its nursing-focused Cure & Care’ approach explains what the drug does and describes what the nurse does and how the nursing process relates to the pharmacotherapeutics.
BONUS! FREE DIGITAL ACCESS
An access code inside new, printed texts unlocks your one-year, FREE 1-year subscription to DrugGuide.com, Davis’s Drug Guide Online, powered by Unbound Medicine, information on more than 5,000 trade names and generic drugs, as well as audio pronunciations and color photographs, all updated regularly.
LIFE-SAVING GUIDANCE AT A GLANCE
- In-depth coverage of patient safety, red tab for high-alert medications, red, capitalized letters for life-threatening side effects, and REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies) icon
- Special considerations for patient populations
- Icon highlighting pharmacogenomic content
- IV administration coverage
- Patient and family teaching guidance
- Canadian-specific content identified with a maple leaf icon
FREE ONLINE LEARNING, CARE PLANNING & PATIENT EDUCATION TOOLS
- Audio Pronunciation Library of 1,200+ drug names
- Tutorials with self-tests, Preventing Medication Errors and Psychotropic Drugs
- Calculators for body mass index (BMI), metric conversions, IV drip rates, dosage/KG and Fahrenheit/Celsius.
- Interactive Case Studies, each followed by a series of questions
- Eight audio podcasts covering must-know information, concepts, and considerations for safe drug administration
- Video clips illustrating the safe administration of medications
- Publisher : F.A. Davis Company; Eighteenth edition (May 18, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1504 pages