Exocytosis from Molecules to Cells (Biophysical Society) (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Arun Anantharam, Jefferson Knight
This book is divided into three sections: 1) Componentsof exocytotic pathways; 2) Biophysical insights from synthetic andreconstituted systems; and, 3) Physiological systems of exocytosis. The firstsection begins with a description of how secretory organelles form and arepackaged with appropriate constituents for exocytosis. The second includes twochapters on recently published reconstituted systems of SNARE-mediated fusion.The final third of the book summarizes the cellular and molecular mechanisms ofexocytosis and its regulation in diverse systems.
This book is a reference for researchers andstudents in the fields of exocytosis and membrane trafficking who hope to gaina broad understanding of how these processes operate in various cell types.Historical perspectives on exocytosis are also presented and discussed.
- Comprehensiveand cohesive molecules-to-systems presentation of key features of secretorypathways.
- Presents asingle volume description of exocytosis regulatory mechanisms in many differentcell types.
- A number ofchapter authors are highly regarded researchers in the field.
- Detaileddescriptions are provided of diverse systems of exocytosis including yeastexocytosis and exosomal secretion.
- Incorporatesmethodologies that are routinely used by biophysicists to study exocytosis andmembrane fusion including electrochemistry, electrophysiology, reconstitutionassays, and high-resolution fluorescence imaging.
- Publisher : Iop Publishing Ltd (February 28, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 200 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0750337699
- ISBN-13 : 978-0750337694