Hematology: 101 Morphology Updates (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Barbara J. Bain
Timely morphology resource based on ongoing series of morphology updates published in the American Journal of Hematology since 2008
This is the first book of its kind, written by renowned author Professor Barbara J. Bain, featuring a collection of instructive cases with interesting morphological features initially published in the American Journal of Hematology. This new book aims to bring these interesting and instructive cases to a wider readership. This book features updated cases and a “Test Yourself” section to aid in reader comprehension and information retention.
Cases covered in Hematology: 101 Morphology Updates include:
- The significance of irregularly contracted cells and hemighosts in sickle cell disease, and striking dyserythropoiesis in sickle cell anemia following an aplastic crisis
- Prominent Howell-Jolly bodies when megaloblastic anemia develops in a hyposplenic patient, and unusual aspects of G6PD deficiency
- The cause of sudden anemia revealed by the blood film, chorea-acanthocytosis and dysplastic neutrophils in an HIV-positive woman
- Neutrophil dysplasia induced by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, and diagnosis of pyrimidine 5′-nucleotidase deficiency suspected from a blood film
Hematology: 101 Morphology Updates is a key resource for consultant hematologists and clinical scientists, trainee hematologists and biomedical scientists. The audience may use this book to solve difficult diagnostic problems or as a source of teaching cases: for both personal learning, including exam revision or solving difficult cases, and as a teaching resource.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (May 30, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 176 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1394179812
- ISBN-13 : 978-1394179817
File Size : 194.4 MB