Hirsch and Brenner’s Atlas of EEG in Critical Care, 2nd Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Lawrence J. Hirsch, Michael W. K. Fong, Richard Brenner
Atlas of EEG in CRITICAL CARE
An essential resource enabling the rapid detection of clinically relevant EEG patterns in the ICU setting
In the newly revised Second Edition of Atlas of EEG in Critical Care, a team of distinguished medical professionals deliver a highly illustrated, accessible, and authoritative guide to EEGs in critically ill patients. The book highlights key diagnostic patterns, enabling clinicians to make rapid, accurate diagnoses of all major critical conditions, including seizures, stroke, and coma. The authors offer up-to-date coverage of continuous and quantitative EEG methods, including explanations of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society’s 2021 Terminology for Critical Care EEG.
The new edition provides readers with a wide range of presentations seen in typical intensive care units and utilizes extensive color arrows and boxes to highlight the patterns in EEG traces. It explores methods of data management and trending that are central to long-term monitoring and covers invasive recordings, including multi-modal monitoring. Readers will also find:
- Thorough introductions to the basics of EEG and EEG in encephalopathy
- In-depth explorations of seizures and status epilepticus, as well as rhythmic and periodic patterns, the ictal-interictal continuum, the extreme delta brush pattern, and other controversial and recently defined EEG patterns
- Comprehensive discussions of EEG in encephalopathy, coma, and cerebrovascular disease, as well as artifacts that can mimic seizures and other physiologic patterns
- Numerous examples of prolonged EEG monitoring and an in-depth section on quantitative EEG techniques for detection of seizures and ischemia
Perfect for neurologists, EEG’ers and neurointensivists, the latest edition of Atlas of EEG in Critical Care will also earn a place in the libraries of neurology trainees seeking a practical and accessible collection of EEG traces from intensive care patients.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition (February 13, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 576 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1118752899
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118752890