Maternity and Women’s Health Care, 13th edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, Mary Catherine Cashion, Kathryn Rhodes Alden, Ellen Olshansky, Shannon E. Perry
This comprehensive maternity book is now even better! Maternity and Women’s Health Care, 13th Edition provides evidence-based coverage of everything you need to know about caring for women of childbearing age. In addition to emphasizing childbearing concerns like newborn care, it also addresses wellness promotion and management of women’s health problems. In describing the continuum of care, it integrates the importance of understanding family, culture, and community-based care. New guidelines are incorporated with updated content throughout, focusing on prioritization of care and interprofessional care.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity nursing textbook deliver the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Signs of Potential Complications highlight vital concerns, alerting you to signs and symptoms of complications and the immediate interventions to provide.
- Cultural Considerations stress the importance of considering the beliefs and health practices of clients and their families from various cultures when providing care.
- Medication Guides provide key information about commonly used medications with specific nursing implications.
- Medication Alerts highlighted and integrated within the content alert readers to critical drug information that must be considered to provide safe client care.
- Safety Alerts highlighted and integrated within the content draw attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- Nursing Care Plans identify priority client problems and concerns, along with appropriate interventions and rationales.
- Community Activity boxes focus on maternal and newborn activities that can be pursued in local community settings and online and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings, including assisting clients in locating resources.
- Emergency boxes provide information about various emergency situations and offer a quick reference in critical situations.
- Teaching for Self-Management boxes highlight important information that nurses need to communicate to clients and families for follow-up care.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 13th edition (September 15, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 912 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323810187
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323810180
File Size : 102 MB