Measurements and Performance Characteristics of Diagnostic X-ray Tubes and Generators: IPEM report 32, part I (IPEM-IOP Series in Physics and Engineering in Medicine and Biology), 3rd Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Daniel ) Shaw
This book describes the theoretical principals including potential modes of failures and equipment performance limitations and provides practical advice for making quality assurance (QA) measurements for clinical X-ray tubes and generators. The guidance given for making QA measurements seeks to be practical, using equipment commonly found in medical physics departments, and where possible alternative techniques are discussed along with their relevant limitations. Topics covered include general introduction, requirements for measuring instruments, evaluation of safety features, measurements of beam quality, tube output and consistency, focal spot size, specification for performances, and related ancillaries.
- The IPEM report 32 series is key UK guidance on the performance of quality assurance procedures across a range of diagnostic and interventional x-ray generating and imaging equipment and often referenced internationally.
- An update on guidance for medical physics departments for quality assurance measurements for X-ray tubes and generators, considering the advances in technology of X-ray generating equipment.
- Evidence based where possible, and particularly with reference to the evidence Based QA working party outputs and relevant UK standards.
- Updated to account for modern measuring devices and techniques (not widely commercially available at the time of publication of the outgoing version but now in widespread common use).
- Expanded to cover QA of X-ray tube and generator and associated ancillaries not previously covered in Report 32 part I (or the other report 32 series). Areas of expansion include dental X-ray generating equipment, tomography, and key radiation safety features.
- Publisher : Institute of Physics Publishing; 3rd edition (31 December 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 92 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0750332174
- ISBN-13 : 978-0750332170
- Country of Origin : United Kingdom
File Size : 9.9 MB