Reconstructive and Aesthetic Genital Surgery (EPUB)
By Philip H. Zeplin
Your expert introduction to genital surgery techniques
This unique work describes the possibilities and limitations of modern reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the female and male genitalia.
Reconstruction of congenital and acquired abnormalities or defects – both functional and aesthetic – is a major challenge, as is individualized treatment in the case of diagnostically verified transsexualism. Surgical procedures in this highly sensitive body region require unusually detailed knowledge of the anatomy and a well-founded operative training, which goes beyond specialist training.
Written by a panel of experts in genital surgery, the work successfully links the fields of plastic surgery, gynecology, urology, and dermatology.
- The specialized surgical techniques can be quickly reviewed and understood by means of concise texts and nearly 400 illustrations
- Complications and complication management are directly integrated into the chapters and facilitate a realistic assessment of the risks while suggesting appropriate therapy of the complications themselves
- Numerous case studies illustrate the many facets of a topic using many highquality color photographs and graphics
- Special chapter on genital surgery in the pediatric population
Reconstructive and Aesthetic Genital Surgery will be an essential guide for the surgeon who wants to become acquainted with the complexities and controversies of genital surgery.
- Publisher : Thieme; Illustrated edition (September 18, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 182 pages
- ISBN-10 : 3132412899
- ISBN-13 : 978-3132412897