The Unofficial Guide to Practical Skills, 2nd edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Emily Hotton MBChB (Dist) BSc (Hons) PhD MRCOG, Sammie Mak MBChB, Zeshan Qureshi BM BSc (Hons) MSc MRCPCH FAcadMEd MRCPS(Glasg)
The unique and award-winning Unofficial Guides series is a collaboration between senior students, junior doctors and specialty experts. This combination of contributors understands what is essential to excel on your course, in exams and in practice – as well as the importance of presenting information in a clear, fun and engaging way. Packed with hints and tips from those in the know, when you are in a hurry and need a study companion you can trust, reach for an Unofficial Guide.
Designed for medical students, nurses, junior doctors and other healthcare professionals, The Unofficial Guide to Practical Skills contains step-by-step guidance to over 50 core practical procedures. Information is easy to follow and procedures are explained clearly – along with expert practical tips.
This book covers the essential skills you’ll need throughout your course and for the OSCEs. It also provides a succinct, day-to-day reference for those in practice.
- Wide range of procedures covered – more than any other book of its kind
- Accompanying mark schemes and typical exam questions to simulate real-life assessment
- Fully illustrated with over 200 color photos/illustrations
- Model answers so you can check how well you are performing
- Content aligned to the latest GMC/MLA requirements
- Additional stations covering lateral flow tests, PPE, using a hospital bed
- Standardisation of different scenarios
- New COVID guidance
- More answers to examiner questions in each scenario
- Publisher : UGTM (Unofficial Guide to Medicine); 2nd edition (March 22, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 232 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323937195
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323937191
File Size : 23.6 MB